MR MATTHEW VENUS
Mr Matthew Venus FRCS(Plast) is a fully qualified and experienced consultant plastic surgeon based in Warwickshire. He specialises in a wide range of surgical procedures, including body contouring, aesthetic breast surgery and hand surgery. He believes in providing a friendly and approachable service in which the patient is actively involved in all aspects of care.
Matt qualified as a doctor from the London Hospital Medical School in 1997 and then as a surgeon in 2001. His specialist training in plastic surgery was centred in the Midlands, but has encompassed units across the country including Nottingham, Stevenage, Bedford, Birmingham, Oxford, Derby and Durham. This training included a dedicated surgical fellowship in cosmetic plastic surgery.
He has developed sub-specialist interests in aesthetic surgery, in body contouring for patients who have lost a massive amount of weight and in hand surgery.
Matt has published articles on a wide range of topics in the surgical literature, and has also published several papers in aesthetic, reconstructive and hand surgery.
Mr Venus has an NHS practice based at The University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, where he was clinical lead for the Department of Plastic Surgery for 6 years, from 2015 – 2021.
My clinical interests include:
- Cosmetic surgery, including breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast uplift, abdominoplasty, liposuction and labiaplasty
- Body contouring following weight loss or bariatric surgery, including fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty, circumferential body lifting, arm reduction and thigh lifts
- Removal of moles, skin lesions and skin cancers including reconstruction with skin grafts and local flaps
- Minimally invasive hand surgery including needle fasciotomy for Dupuytren’s disease; and endoscopic carpal tunnel release
My professional memberships include:
- Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Full member of The British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons